Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|means collectively all information that you submit to the Website Owner via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 12;|
|means The Health Sciences Academy Ltd, its registered office at Suite 3, The Fountain Centre, London SW6 2TW, England, United Kingdom;|
“UK and EU Cookie Law”
|means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by the Website Owner and acting in the course of their employment, including but not limited to browsers and/or students registered with The Health Sciences Academy; and|
|means the website that you are currently using (https://thehealthsciencesacademy.org/) and any sub-domains of this site and/or other related websites (e.g. https://courses.thehealthsciencesacademy.org) owned by the Website Owner, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions. Includes all online materials, free and paid content, downloadable files, forms, reports, emails, documentation, educational materials, quizzes, polls, questionnaires, systems, source code, templates, software, and intellectual property;|
Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of the Website Owner and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be submitted by you to (and/or collected by) this Website from time to time:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- legal, residential and/or billing address;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- quizzes, assessments, evaluations, forms or poll answers, grades and scores;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- any health, nutritional, medical, psychological, biological, physiological, historical, social, familial, economical, academic, educational, professional, or lifestyle information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Website or when responding via email to a feature provided on the Website, and
- any other personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Website or when responding via email to a feature provided on the Website.
Our Use of Data
Any personal Data you submit will be retained by the Website Owner.
The Website and the Website Owner only contacts individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our free newsletters or have purchased one of our products or services. The Website Owner collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and email address for registration to receive our free newsletters and name, postal address, and payment information when purchasing our products. All of this information is voluntarily provided to us by you.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, forms, web logs, through email replies, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. You agree that the Website Owner is not responsible for any unauthorised third-party use of such information.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to the terms in this document, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our representatives, affiliates, awarding bodies, partners, and / or other companies or persons within our group. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK and strictly adhere to the Data Protection Act (1988). Our registration number is ZA038393.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Fore more details on security see below.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, surveys, forms, telephone, fax or mail; such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- our collection or your submission of any personal, health, nutritional, medical, psychological, biological, physiological, historical, social, familial, economical, academic, educational, professional, demographic, Website usage, or lifestyle information, and/or any other information, may be used for anonymous analysis and research purposes, which may be done using forms, survey questionnaires, polls, Website systems, emails, messages, or spreadsheets; such information will be treated anonymously and may be used to conduct our own studies or to investigate and carry out our own proprietary research, which anonymous results may be published via our Website and/or via a third party such as a peer-reviewed scientific journal; your name will be coded and stored separately from any other information collected by us or submitted by you, allowing an anonymous analysis of your Data.
Third Party Websites and Services
The Website Owner may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that the Website Owner requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
The Website Owner may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of its assets. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Controlling Use of Your Data
You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.
We do not sell, rent or loan any information that identifies you to any third party without your consent. We may use reputable partners, suppliers or agencies to process your personal information on our behalf: but we will only do so where our strict instructions on the processing of data and security are met.
The personal information you give to us may be shared within our group of companies and, for those who order online, with our agents and other third parties who need your information to enable your order to be delivered.
Any information you give to us is held with the utmost care and security.
Your email information is stored at the list server that delivers the Website’s newsletters. Your email information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver email to those who would like to receive our newsletters. All of the newsletters or emails that are sent to you through the Website include an “unsubscribe” link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our newsletters or mailing list by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that can be found in every communication that we send you.
- See what cookies have been set and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that if you delete cookies you could lose preferences that make your browsing experience easier, including sites where you have chosen to opt-out of using cookies as this requires a cookie to be set to tell the site NOT to set any more cookies.
If you block cookies completely a lot of websites won’t work at all and others will only have partial functionality.
If you only want to block third-party cookies generated by advertisers, trackers, etc, you can turn these off without affecting the cookies that make websites work.
Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by the Website Owner (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £50.
Data security is of great importance to the Website Owner and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
By using this Website you may receive certain third party Cookies on your computer. Third party cookies are those placed by websites and/or parties other than the Website Owner. Third party cookies are used on this Website for example for analytics services. These cookies are not integral to the services provided by the Website.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
This Website uses analytics services. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how Users use the Website. This, in turn, enables us to improve the Website and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of the Website, it does enable us to continually improve our business.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Changes to this Policy
The Website Owner reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.